Friday, September 24, 2010

Give me strength...

As I contemplate this day, I am a bit overwhelmed at what I need to accomplish. Rebecca has a volleyball tournament in Challis today, which I am excited to go watch, and I am grateful that I get to. I love to watch our kids play sports. I loved watching Katie play volleyball because it was not easy for her, so as she improved, I was so very proud of her. Spencer is great to watch playing basketball, and Rebecca is doing great with volleyball. It makes me so grateful for the talents we have all been blessed with.
I also think of the mounds of stuff I need to do. I told Von that I could really use a day at home today. Here is my small to do list:
can the pears, chop and freeze the onions from the garden, slice and freeze the carrots from the garden, wash laundry that is up to my ears, take out the garbage that is even taller than that and overflowing, do the dishes, finish painting Spencer's room, put away canned fruit, clean the basement (fell apart during painting project), kill my wife and frame Gilder for it (Princess Bride), and find some time for a nap. Whew. Oh, and I can't forget to kiss my sweetheart and thank him for all his hard work and support. He keeps me grounded as he reminds me to tackle one project at a time. I love him. I also need to spend time with each of our kids and read their facebook so I know what is going on in their lives. : ) Ok, on with the day. I CAN do this.

1 comment:

kimber said...

I know how you feel, and I have WAY less to do than you. Just keeping up with Robert's crazy schedule is hard enough, but having a baby on top of that is CRAZY! How about "holy Frijoles!"?