Here I am trying to be all bloggy, and Rebecca won't agree to any photos of herself. I have been patient up until now, but really.
Von was able to give the kids their back to school blessings the other night. It was so sweet. I think Camia and Baylor were given blessings last year at school time just because the other kids got them, but this year, it seemed extra special. Rebecca and Spencer received their blessings first, then Camia and Baylor. Camia sat so still with her eyes closed. She seemed to be concentrating on what Von was saying. Then, during Baylor's turn, after a few wiggles, he kept his eyes closed and folded his arms for the rest of his blessing. He has never done either of those things for that long before. Von told him in his blessing that soon he would have ears that worked, and he would be able to hear like everyone else. Baylor listened to every word. I truly felt that the Holy Ghost was speaking right to Baylor's heart, and Baylor was intently listening. The sweetest spirit was with us during those blessings. The kids all hugged their dad afterwards, and I cried. ( I was not the only one either.) How grateful I am for the priesthood in our home. There have been countless times Von has been able to comfort, heal, and bless us with peace with the priesthood he holds.
Speaking of Baylor, I took him to Dr. Morales, a plastic surgeon, to have a consult about Baylor's ears. The doctor was wonderful. He spoke to Baylor a lot, and told me he will do surgery to reconstruct the ears when Baylor is 7 years old. Other surgeons I have spoken to like to operate when the patient is about 5. Dr. Morales said that at age 7, the patient is more compliant and able to understand what is going on. That made me feel so relieved. I have been worrying a bit about how Baylor would handle the first two surgeries which are the most painful. The doctor harvests rib cartilage to form the ear shape, then I think that is slid under the skin at the ear site and over a few more surgeries, the ear and skin are lifted from the head. This gives the ears a vascular system of their own. The other thing the dr. mentioned, was that age 5, the ears will be made smaller and not grow much as the child grows. This way, the ears will be a bit bigger, and look more normal when Baylor is older. The Lord truly is mindful or our worries, and is always there to comfort and strengthen us.
We have been watching the camcorder movies we took of Camia and Baylor in China, and at home. Wow. How could I forget so much. It made me want to go back to China again tomorrow and bring another cutie home. It is a good thing Von is more sensible than me. So, here are a few pics of
the kids when they were little. So cute!
the kids when they were little. So cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment