Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sweet moments

Sunday, after a wonderful day at church, we came home and I started making lunch. Rebecca was playing "Come Thou Fount" on the piano, which she does a lot. Then, I noticed Camia and Baylor were singing "their" words to the song as she played. Rebecca started teaching them the real words to the song, and it was the most amazing thing. After a bit, she decided to draw pictures to remind them of the words like we do in primary singing time sometimes. By the time dinner was ready, and Von walked through the door, the little ones had the song learned. Not only is that one of my favorite songs, but hearing the kids sing it in their sweet voices was so beautiful to me. I had tears in my eyes as I thought of how wonderful it was of Rebecca to work with the kids. The spirit was so sweet here. My heart was filled with gratitude for the wonderful children we have been blessed with. Children's voices singing songs of the gospel is always beautiful to me, but today, in our home, I cherished this special moment. My heart was so happy. Now, the kids sing that song as they are playing, or walking around, or riding in the van. It is a testimony to me that if we will fill our minds with good things, that is what we think about. The more we want to be like the Savior, the more we need to learn of him, and fill our mind with scriptures, stories, songs and thoughts of him. I have been trying to memorize the "The Living Christ", and I find that it runs through my mind a lot. The more I think of Jesus Christ, the more grateful I am for what he has done and continues to do for me. What a blessing it is to be a member of His church.

No comments: