Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fall is in the air

Wow. The air was so fresh and crisp this morning. What a beautiful Sunday morning. These fall days make me want to make pumpkin desserts. I have several, so I hope Natalie and William are going to help us eat them.

Church was so good today. Rebecca was the youth speaker, and she did a great job. She talked about having the Holy Ghost with us. She shared a story about the time Grandpa Bean died. She was going to be baptized on her birthday and have both grandpas as the witnesses. Grandpa Bean passed away a few hours before her scheduled baptism, so it was postponed. Later, when the baptism date arrived, Becca was feeling bad that Grandpa Bean would not be there. During the baptism, the Spirit let her know that he was there with her, and she was comforted by that. I hope she has written down this experience.

My mom has started to write her spiritual personal experiences down in a notebook so she can look back at the many times her prayers have been answered, or she has been comforted, or helped in any way. I love this idea.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow- you've turned into a blogger again! what fun! You're right, fall is in the air, Becca did do a great job yesterday, we most certainly are willing to help with pumpkin deserts and your kids sure are cute!