We have been in the process of adding on to our living/family room area. It also added to our kitchen area. It is all open now, which is really nice. We were also fortunate enough to have John and his brothers com
Soon, we will be able to put our fireplace in and enjoy the heat. We only have a few things left to do before we can live in the new addition: trim out the windows and door, hook up the switches, put in a few lights, and paint the floor. The siding is almost finished, then the outside lights can be put in. We are so close. We are going to put wood flooring in this fall, so until then we will live on painted sub-floor. Hopefully painting it will cut down on the dust.
Rebecca has had a great basketball season. She and Jorgee have carried the team this season. As freshmen, they have really been amazing. They hustle all through the game, steal the ball, and make most of the points. I love to watch them play. Rebecca gives it her all every game, and we are so proud of her. She never gets angry, and several people and other teams' coaches have commented on her great sportsmanship. She always tries to help girls up after they go down, and she apologizes when someone gets hurt because of her. It is so good to see.
We are so proud of our children. We have been so blessed with sweet, good kids. Katie and Spencer are doing great at college. Spencer is close to sending in his mission papers. Katie might get to go to Austria for the month of June for study abroad. Camia is reading really well, and Baylor is as energetic as ever. : )
Last Thursday I slipped on the ice and went down really hard. I bruised my backside and right wrist really good. I limp around like an old person. I hurt. Waa.
So, today, while the sun shines, I am going to make bread, calzones, do laundry, and try to find the house under the clutter. Then I will knit more on my sweater. Sounds like a lovely day, doesn't it?
4 comments:
I love your fireplace! It's beautiful! Sounds like things are busy and going well!! Hope all your bruises heal! Ouch!!
The add on looks amazing! Excited to come up and see it in person.
Your addition looks wonderful. I love the fireplace. I hope your post pictures when you get moved in. sounds like life is busy and good. :)
Post a Comment