Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Not such a good morning anymore

Wow. I am amazed at how fast my day went from happy, working on moving pipe, to stinky, broke the riser right off. Holy geiser batman. I was singing, texting kids and Julie, even jogging at times between pipe, and making the line of pipe as straight as I ever have. It was a work of art, I thought. I walked back down the line and simply stepped on the pipe to help me get over the fence, (big no no found out) when the whole top blew off. Von saw the geiser from another field, how could he not, it reached the ozone layer, and came racing over. Not happy with the wife anymore.
I don't know what is worse, not helping him when I can, or disappointing him when I do. It breaks my heart when I see that look in his eyes, the one that says how busy he is, that he has so much to do, and now I have just added to the work load substantially. Not to mention, the lines will be off for a few days until the riser gets fixed.

No comments: