Is it possible to be a scrooge for halloween? I don't get very excited about this holiday. I love the fall decorations with all my heart, so I concentrate on that and kind of hope Halloween passes by with yummy candy and not much else. I must confess, however, that I used the Halloween holiday to make pumpkin waffles this morning. We are going to the carnival at the church tonight followed by trunk or treating. That in itself is way better than driving all over carnation to trick or treat in the cold. I remember Mom driving Julie, Jan and I to Monteview while we were in highschool so we could T.P. some favorite people's houses. She was such a great sport. What happened to me?
I have been in the craziest mood lately to build, change, and upgrade cheaply. It consumes me sometimes and I have to pray for moderation in all things so my sweetie, family, and home don't get ignored. Warm meals are a good thing sometimes. Von has gotten me a few tools that I am itching to use. I almost have Rebecca's bathroom finished. Just need to touch up a bit of paint, and tile the shower step. I need to sand, paint, and attach the doors for the murphy bed cabinet in the guest room, then that project will be done. I am going to paint the countertop I put in the guest room for my sewing table. It runs the length of the window wall and some of the south wall. I lowered the areas for the sewing machine and serger so I can sew at counter level. So far, I love it. Hopefully, the painted countertop will be great, and I might think of painting my kitchen counters. I may be out of my mind, but I am so up for a challenge.
I also want to put beadboard around the three sides of my kitchen island and paint the whole island black with two chunky legs at the corners where the bar extends. I think it would be beautiful. I am afraid Von thinks I have lost my marbles. Anyway, I might post some pics if things turn out well.
Well, off to finish my costume so I can work on my projects. That is my driving force these days.
Kind of strange, I know.
2 comments:
I have never been a project girl. All I ever wanted in life was a nap. But since Edgar was born I have felt so good that I have too many projects and I have to say that too "first you have to fold the laundry." I learned to crochet and made Edgar a hat, I made Maryann's baby a quilt and am embroidering it, I have been making brooch/hair clip things, and pretending to be Bob ross wiht Miranda's craft paints. I can't get enough of it! Weird
You sound really ambitious to me! I think you should absolutely post pictures! I need some inspiration!
Post a Comment