He is so cute.
We walked into a government office, and there was the most handsome little guy sitting in a chair. We were in love instantly. He only cried a little after I held him. He liked playing with a small toy car and telephone. We were all pretty teary. Baylor seemed to be fairly calm after the first few minutes. He took right to Spencer, which melted our 14 year old's heart right away. It seems like when there is a fairly loud noise, Baylor turns his head towards the sound. I don't know if this is significant, but we can always hope.
Our guide, Lisa, is very nice. She said Baylor's eyes look like us a bit. All I know is, he is finally with his family. I am amazed yet again at how fast we can totally love a new one. He has the cutest smile, and we have heard him laugh already. Right now he is asleep on our bed. He was tired.
So far we have loved Kunming. The city is very beautiful and clean. Our motel is great. Later today we are going to walk around the park and look at the few shops around. The weather is very moderate. I expected it to be humid here, but it has been perfect.
Our guide took us to a restaurant yesterday, and I was very proud of the kids for trying the different foods without complaint. Ther were troopers. We tried octupus, bean curd, chicken with head and guts, yummy beef, white carrots fried in something that reminded me of fried zucchini, shrimp with eyes and legs still attached, fish, yummy noodles, and some kind of bitter thinly sliced green stuff. Lisa was sad we couldn't eat all the food. Such waste.
1 comment:
Dear Beans,
What an adorable little guy! I love him already, too. Can't wait to see you all again. Be safe, soak up every minute of this experience, and buy me something awesome. I'd rather not have anything with heads and/or appendages still attached. :)
I love you guys! See you soon!
Post a Comment